Lake Travis, Austin, TX
- Austin Yacht Club
- Outbound Sailing
- asa.com/schools/texas-austin/ – shows Austin Yacht Club and Outbound Sailing
- meetup.com/AustinSailingSociety/ – seems quite active (May 2021)
- ASA – American Sailing Association
- South Coast Sailing Adventures, Kemah, TX (/travel/us/tx/kemah/)
- Learn How to Sail: A Step-by-Step Guide to SAILING, Apr 10, 2018 – DO like this one, good pace, good presenter, and good mix of theory and practice. Strongly recommended. (See his/the description field for details on what boat – 1980 Capri 25 – and equipment use to produce this quite professional video.)
- Jessica and Ryan Adventures (J&R Adventures) –
(A couple unaffiliated with SouthCoastSailing which video for ASA 101 was start for our (partly re-) adventures into sailing.) Also find it very fascinating with the pace they move, from what seems / feels / claimed being their start into sailing (Mid 2016), multiple courses during that summer, a boat show and a video about how-to-save-for-a-boat in Fall 2016, to them actually bought a boat in end 2017.
- 2016-07-03 ASA 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing – Learning to Sail
- 2016-07-15 Lessons learned – Sailing on our own for the first time
- 2016-07-23 ASA 103 & 104 Combo Course – Part 1 of 2 – Learning to Sail
- 2016-07-29 ASA 103 & 104 Part 2 – Overview, books & tests. Learning to Sail
- 2016-08-14 ASA 114 – Cruising Catamarans – Learning to Sail
- 2016-09-28 Our first boat show!
- 2016-10-09 Lazy Sunday Sailing on Lake Travis
- 2016-10-20 How we’re saving to buy a boat! – 7 most impactful things we’re doing.
- 2017-01-23 About Us & Saving to buy a Catamaran update
- 2017-11-05 We bought a boat!
- 2017-12-18 Week One of owning and living on a boat!
- Many more at youtube.com/c/jandradventures/videos
- Carpe Diam Sailing – youtube.com/c/CarpeDiemSailingMagazine
Lots of videos and and covers a lot of different subjects.
- Learn to Sail in 60 Minutes, Apr 3, 2020 – “a bit” too rudimentary for us but maybe something for the super-beginners…
Basic Keelboat (ASA 101)
Students learn to sail a boat of about 26 ft. in length in light to moderate winds over 2 days – Saturday & Sunday. The course includes an introduction of the basic boat, learning the points of sail, basic sailing techniques, safety and seamanship skills. The class is taught on a Colgate 26 which is easy to use and comfortable for new sailors. Our Colgate’s feature spacious cockpits with stainless steel railings and dual controls for the instructor which provides a safe secure platform for beginners. The Colgate 26 is currently used by both US Coast Guard and US Naval Academies to train their new cadets and midshipmen. (After completion of course, students will receive an American Sailing Association (ASA) Basic Keelboat certification, Skill Building session with an instructor for a ½ day, and a free ½ day charter.) more at
- Colgate 26
Organized in Sizes, more research on boats
- Smallest – Dinghy
- Pocket cruisers
- Beneteau First
- Catalina 22
- For sale
- B Sailing Club – bsailing.com, Kemah / Seabrook, TX (/travel/us/tx/kemah/)
Special Subjects – Long Distance, Races, …
- “Archipelago Raid” originally (2001-x), then/Now “Stockholm Archipelago Raid”
- 2007: hamnen.se/artiklar/segel/raiden-fapr-de-riktigt-tuffa-seglarna/
- From 2007, how the race initially was done, from Stockholm (Sweden), through the archipelagos of Stockholm, Åland, and Finland, then turning back and finish back in Stockholm (Sandhamn, a classic sailing/boating harbor in the outer Stockholm archipelago). Some serious marathon, with few hours of sleep each night over four days.
- Nowadays, “only” in Stockholm archipelago, from 2021:
- Ostindiefararen Götheborg
- S/Y Saoirse
- More / Other
- (In Swedish)
- How The Swedish Ship Götheborg was built, 2017-04-15
Weather (moved, Aqua-main)
Primary area for weather is /aqua/#Weather