- Kökar kommun – www.kokar.ax
- A bit (web) history – havspaviljongen.sarkinen.com/kokar
- YouTube – search: youtube.com/results?search_query=k%C3%B6kar
‘Åland is an archipelago at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea belonging to Finland. It is an autonomous and demilitarised region of Finland since 1920 by a decision of the League of Nations, and is Finland’s only monolingually Swedish-speaking region. It is the smallest region of Finland, constituting 0.51% of its land area and 0.54% of its population. Mariehamn is the capital city of Åland.’ [wikipedia]
- Ålands landskapsregering – aland.ax
- Btw, Åland’s Internet top domain is ‘ax’.
- Ålands Islands en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85land_Islands
- Archipelago Sea – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archipelago_Sea
The Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland has a good introduction of the very special status of Åland at um.fi/the-special-status-of-the-aland-islands, extract:
We also have more VERY IMPORTANT information about taxfree but required payment of MOMS (VAT) in our EU European Union section.
‘Finland is a Nordic country located in Northern Europe. Finland shares land borders with Sweden to the west, Russia to the east, and Norway to the north and is defined by the Gulf of Bothnia to the west and the Gulf of Finland to the south that are part of the Baltic Sea.’ [wikipedia.org]