“Energy – The ability of one system to do work on another system.” [Concise Encyclopedia ]
“In general, the word energy refers to a concept that can be paraphrased as “the potential for causing changes”, therefore one can say that energy is the cause of any change.” [Wikipedia]
Saving YOU time and effort to get relevant information, consequently hopefully result in change [to the better].
I.e., the newsletter is not limited to energy per the natural sciences definition but we’ll explore anything that can save you time, make you or your operations more efficient and productive.
- In Natural Sciences:
- Astronomy and cosmology
- In Society:
- Exploration and research
- Forms (1) and inter-relations:
- Transformation of energy
- Forms (2):
- Electrical, Magnetic
- Units [W] (a few examples):
- ‘Full loop’:
1 Joule = 1 newton-metre* ~ 6.24×1018 eV. 1 kWh = 3.6 MJ ~ 3410 Btu. 1 Btu ~ 1055 J ~ 0.00029 kWh. (1000 Btu = 0.29 kWh). (1 man-hour = one man or woman working for one hour. Let us get back to you on the subject on conversions into other units…)
* “meter” vs. “metre”: As it happens, Sweden and US [English] both uses “meter” whereas British English uses “metre” (SI definitions uses British English. More on American and British English differences, on meter.
 Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, Third Ed, McGraw-Hill (1994) ISBN 0-07-045560-0. 2241 pages – yes, it is that many pages – filled with just great stuff. (2241 letter-sized pages, 8.25 cm / 3 1/4 inch thick, weight close to 5 kg / >10 lbs. Buy latest at Amazon – 5th Ed, $150, price indication, Oct ’06)
See an example newsletter – Sun 2006-10-29 – Power and Communication Special. (old.jandp)
A little bit on our history – on communicating information and saving energy
|1984||First Macintosh – hey, that was savings! (Mentally, increased productivity)|
|1985-1986||(J) Military: special assignment – information- and communications- related (Was “Ledningsgruppbefäl” in Swedish)|
|1986-1987||(J) Chairman of the Information Committee (“Informationsutskottets ordförande” in Swedish) at Teknologkåren at the University of Luleå. Responsible for information and marketing to technology students at the university.|
|1990-1996||(J) Working as consultant, including teaching, lots of marketing, sales, and other information-oriented activities.|
|1997||Started USA Rapport (Swedish for ‘USA Report’) – a Swedish-only newsletter for friends over in Scandinavia. Also started J&P Nytt (‘J&P News’) – printed magazine created in FrameMaker (See Friends of J&P for general information including evolution of newsletters over the years.)|
|2000||(J) Hot gas tools from SSD Innovation – saving lots of energy (90%)! Idea for an Energy Saver newsletter / publication / document(s) started, early ideas for logo.|
|2005||Design of logotype restarted briefly but then faded away again – too much else w/ higher priorities.|
|2006||Distributed The Energy Saver * Sunday 2006-10-29 issue to a selected few. To start getting feedback.|
|2020||Start moving JandP.biz to a content management system. To simply using it as an advanced notebook, including access from everywhere (yes, also mobile devices) and search capability.|
(J) indicate J in J&P.
- Try to compiled and distribute fairly periodically – maybe monthly. (The whole Energy Saver newsletter is a side-activity performed in weekends and late evenings, in spare time.)
- Have different themes – e.g. Power, Communication, Business Development, Personal Efficiency, Co-operative work, et cetera.
- High on the priority list is to re-create subscription service worked on earlier, or find something out there. (Free, easy to use; security and protection of personal information is high on list of requirements).
- Subscriber survey, collect feedback, for improvements, any change of scope, format, contents