Recreating a digital form for the old vinyl record that may or may not be still around somewhere out there in the summer cottage. Aside we likely don’t have a vinyl player laying around anywhere…
This a highly personal family project. Notes here made as a personal notebook for any possible other similar activities in the future.
- Finding media. Lead researcher: DS, with assistance of PK and TS
Found something we believe IS the right disc – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRRqb7R-f8
- Sounds right – including it’s a live recording,
- Has all songs as far as we can remember
- Recorded 1973, which works when we started playing it out in the summer cottage back in the days
- Downloading audio from YouTube: there are lots of web sites that can assist in such task. In this case used https://savemp3.cc/.
- Splitting the one single some-37-minutes mp3 file into individual tracks: using the free open-source application Audacity. (Split into tracks, Label, Export multiple. A bit work in fine tuning suitable breaking points, as live recording and no own/natural exact breaking points.)
(Exported simply using track numbers for the separate files – as found Audacity a bit cumbersome for providing all names / tags for each media.)
- Then using iTunes to provide tags for all (fifteen) files/tracks.
Individual names; common album name, artist, year,… and even album graphic (searching Internet for data to use).
- Zipped files from iTunes files location into one archive:
Head On Down The Road (… Live At Lansdowne) – 24.0 MiB / 25.1 MB
A couple of tunes to get you into the mood:
01 Hello… Good Morning… Happy Day
02 New World In The Morning
|2019-09-15||First published version (this specific)|